- General Information
- Delinquency Proceedings
- Child Protective Proceedings
- Adoption & Juvenile Guardianship Proceedings
POST ADOPTION SUPPORT SERVICES (PASS)
Orchards Children’s Services
Northwest Activities Center
Detroit, MI 48235
(313) 340-0693 fax
Attn: Arik Talley
What is the Post Adoption Support Services Program (PASS)?
PASS works with adoptive families in crisis who are living in Wayne County to identify working solutions. The purpose of PASS is to help families mobilize their support system and empower them in creating their own strategy to ensure their children are cared for safely.
Together, the PASS Coordinator, Supervisor, and family identify needs, develop and address gaols aimed to resolve challenges that they face. During the intervention the PASS Coordinator is available to families and will maintain flexible hours, 24 hours a day and 7 days a week in the event of an emergency.
- PASS Program Services are provided for up to 3 months
- The PASS Program will meet with you in your home, at a time convenient for you.
- Together with your family, the PASS Program Coordinator will try to help you work out your family’s challenges.
- During the intervention your PASS Coordinator will be available to your family 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in the event of an emergency. Your Coordinator will provide you with contact numbers for your family’s use.
- The PASS Program believes that adoptive parents are strong families committed to caring for their children.
- You are important.
- The PASS Program believes your family can change and grow.
- The PASS program will work with you to advocate for and strengthen your family.
- Progress can happen if we work together.
- The PASS Program will work with you on the goals you decide are important.
- The Program will make every effort to help you care for your children.
What can I expect to occur during the intervention?
The PASS program is a strength based, solution-focused model. The program centers around a family assessment to identify the family’s strengths, creating a working plan to accomplish goals and identify solutions. The PASS Program Coordinator will assist the family in securing community services to address the concerns identified.